Purple Cabbage and Mixed Greens Salad
Purple cabbage, baby spinach, green onions, mint and cilantro are put together and soused in a dressing made of olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. It’s a great way to add color and flavor to your diet.
- Purple Cabbage – 2 cups finely chopped
- Baby Spinach – 2 cups finely chopped
- Spring onion/Scallions – 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Mint – 1/4 cup finely chopped
- Cilantro/Coriander leaves – 1/4 cup finely chopped
For the Dressing
- Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Garlic – 1 pod grated
- Finely chop all the veggies. Prepare the salad dressing. Place the ingredients in a bottle and shake shake shake. Alternatively, just whisk all the ingredients together until they’ve come together well.
- Place all the veggies in a bowl, mix well. Pour the salad over, mix well. Let sit for 10 mins until the veggies soak up all the flavors. Serve.
- I’ve used mint, cilantro, spring onions/scallions and spinach. You could add any green leafy vegetable of your choice – dill, kale , etc
- You could add a handful of grated carrots or beetroot
- Add a pinch of cumin powder for warmth