CREAMY POTATO SALAD
Cooked baby potatoes are tossed in a decadent and creamy dressing made up of sour cream, cider vinegar, honey, mustard, seasonings and finished with a flourish of cilantro. Perfect on a hot day, as a side dish, or even as a meal by itself!
I saw the recipe for this potato salad last week in a recipe book by Vikas Khanna (Indian celebrity chef) and I couldn’t wait for another second to make it. I bought the ingredients and made a BIG bowl of the salad, enough to feed a crowd (and that’s exactly how it went down). It was everything I had imagined a good potato salad to be – delicious, creamy, and satisfying. Totally worth the wait!
RECIPE FOR CREAMY POTATO SALAD – SERVES 6
- Baby Potatoes – 2 lbs or 900 gms
- Salt – 1 tbsp + as needed
- Sour cream – 3 tbsp
- Apple cider vinegar – 2 tbsp
- Honey – 2 tsps
- Stone ground mustard – 2 tsps
- Olive Oil – 1/4 cup
- Paprika – 1/4 tsp
- Sliced red onion – 1 medium
- Black Raisins – 1/4 cup
- Chopped Cilantro/Parsley – 2 tbsp
- Place potatoes in a heavy-bottomed pan. Wash and fill it with cold water until the potatoes are submerged. Add 1 tbsp salt. Set it on the stove with a medium flame. Cook until the potatoes are done but firm. About 15 mins. Halve them
- In a large bowl, whisk together sour cream, apple cider vinegar, honey, mustard, olive oil, paprika and salt until it forms a thick and creamy dressing.
- Add the cooked potatoes, sliced onions, raisins to the dressing. Mix well. Garnish with cilantro/parsley. Serve chilled.
Can be made a day or two in advance. The longer this salad sits, the better it tastes.